It's the Year of the Snake, Jake the Snake, that is.
This year is about me. I need to fix me. Over the past few days I've made some important realizations about the things I need to do to feel complete again. So here's my commitments:
- Continue my resolution to travel. It's all about self-fulfillment and revitalization. Travel is good for the soul. And travel I will! I'm committed to reaching HHonors Gold Status by going on at least a mini-vacation each month. This is going to be awesome.
- I'm going to be healthy. I just smoked my last cigarette. I can't just up and quit cold turkey unless I'm ready, and I'm ready.
- I'm going to eat much better. It's totally okay to splurge occasionally, but I can do this. I'll be trying not to eat after 8pm, avoiding fried foods, and sticking to more proteins, fruits, and vegetables.
- I'm recommitting to exercise at least every other day, like I did in Biloxi. No shit, I gained 75 pounds over the past 2 years, and that's gotta go.
- I'm following through on my "Be Like Adam" plan of customer service. The friendlier and more humorous I am with my guests, the happier all of us will be.
- I'm going to keep my room and car in order. If I've got to be in a place that isn't my own, at least I can keep it safe and organized.
I can do this. I'm so ready!